Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by Mass General Brigham to conduct a search for their next Associate Chief Nursing Officer, Medicine/Surgical/Oncology (ACNO) for Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Mass General Brigham is a non-profit integrated health system headquartered in Massachusetts with a 2022 annual revenue of $18 billion and proven excellence in research, education, and patient care. The system consists of two academic hospitals, three specialty hospitals, seven community hospitals, home care services, a health insurance plan, specialty practices, urgent care facilities, and outpatient clinics/surgical centers.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, BWH, a major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, is an internationally known referral center for the most complex cases in nearly all areas of medicine and includes a Level 1 Trauma center. With a legacy of excellence for the past 20 years, BWH has earned a place among the best hospitals nationally on the U.S. News & World Report.
Reporting to the CNO, the ACNO is responsible for the provision of nursing care to the following intermediate unit patient care areas:
- General Medicine – 120 beds
- Direct reports: three Nurse Directors, three Professional Development Managers
- Surgery (orthopedics, plastics, gynecology, and urology) – 122 beds
- Direct reports – three Nurse Directors, two Professional Development Managers
- Oncology – 177 beds
- Direct reports: Senior Director of Oncology
In collaboration with the interdisciplinary clinical team of nurses, physicians, and other clinical and administrative leaders, the ACNO will drive program goals and objectives and support the BWH goals of quality care for patients, quality of work-life for employees, and fiscal success.
- Lead a nursing team that has twice achieved Magnet accreditation attesting to professionalism, teamwork, and superiority in patient care.
- Practice in an environment dedicated to leading-edge research that advances patient care, safety, and equity.
- Provide services to patients from the inner city of Boston, the greater New England community, and nationally/internationally.
- Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree, one of which must be in nursing; DNP or Ph.D. preferred.
- At least ten years of nursing experience with at least three years in nursing administration required.
- Experience working in union environments preferred.
- Relevant certification is either required upon hire or should be acquired within two years of joining the team.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Senior Executive Recruiter
Vice President Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.