Kirby Bates Associates have been exclusively retained by Barnes-Jewish Hospital to conduct a search for a Director, Inpatient Surgical Services (post-surgical inpatient units).
Barnes-Jewish Hospital (BJH), a member of BJC HealthCare, is a nationally renowned, four-time Magnet designated, academic medical center. BJH, with 1,428 licensed beds, is the affiliated teaching hospital of Washington University School of Medicine (WUSM). For 29 consecutive years, since the inception of the process, BJH has placed on U.S. News & World Report‘s honor roll of America’s Best Hospitals, and for 2022-2023 they are ranked #11 in the nation and #1 in St. Louis and Missouri.
The Director of Inpatient Surgical Services is responsible for leading patient care operations for inpatient post-surgical specialty and trauma units with over 370 beds, as well as several procedural/specialty areas including the Diabetes Center, Wound Ostomy, and Vascular Access team. The Director will role model service excellence and build teams that work collaboratively with their WUSM partners to ensure an interdisciplinary approach to quality patient care.
- Report directly to the CNO in a collaborative shared governance structure.
- Join an innovative progressive leadership team focused on nursing excellence.
- Master of Science in Nursing required.
- Ten years of nursing experience.
- Progressive contemporary leadership experience in an academic medical center or complex organization preferred.
- Knowledge of Magnet principles.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Livonne Engebrecht:
|Livonne Engebrecht, BA
Senior Executive Recruiter
|Peggy Loughery, MSN, RN
Senior Vice President, Executive Search Services