Director of Surgical Services
South Lake Tahoe, CA
The Director of Surgical Services at Barton Health is responsible for perioperative services across two campuses: Barton Memorial Hospital in beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California with 5 ORs and a 2 room GI suite and for the Lake Tahoe Surgery Center in Zephyr Cove, Nevada with 2 ORs. The Director is also responsible for Barton’s progressive Pre-op Surgical Home program. Total FTES: 76.5
Barton Memorial Hospital, a member of Barton Health, consists of 63 inpatient beds, emergency services, and a 48 bed Skilled Nursing Facility. The Lake Tahoe Surgery Center (LTSC) is a multi-specialty surgery center with Board-Certified surgery physicians offering a wide variety of specialty surgical procedures including anesthesiology, general surgery, orthopedics, pain management, pediatric dentistry, physiatry and podiatry.
The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, and directing the operations and staff of the Surgical Services Departments, including the Operating Room, Anesthesia, Ambulatory, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit, Central Reprocessing, other surgical support departments, and pre-op surgical testing.
- Accountable for safe, effective patient-family centered care.
- An innovative OR equipped with DaVinci and MAKO SmartRobotics.
- The opportunity to bring best practices to a team of tenured staff.
- Close to a resort area where the population doubles during the snowy season.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Nursing, Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- Advanced degree (MSN/MBA/MHA) preferred.
- Five years in a surgical environment with at least 3 years of progressive leadership experience.
- Current California and Nevada Registered Nurse (RN) license or ability to obtain.
- Current CPR/BLS and ACLS certification prior to start date.
- CNOR or other leadership certification preferred.
For additional information/to nominate someone for this position, please contact Adam Rockey:
Senior Executive Recruiter
|Peggy Loughery, MSN, RN
Senior Vice President, Executive Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.