Trauma Program Director
Washington Hospital Healthcare System
Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by Washington Hospital Healthcare System to conduct the search for a Trauma Program Director.
Washington Hospital Healthcare System serves approximately 320,000 residents in the Washington Township Healthcare District including the residents of Fremont, Newark, Union City and parts of South Hayward in the Greater Bay Area in Northern California. Washington Hospital is a 415 bed, Magnet designated, acute care hospital providing a comprehensive list of services providing the highest levels of care. These services continue to expand through a growing affiliation with University of California San Francisco Health and recent approval to seek verification as a new Level II Trauma Center in the Alameda County Trauma System. This is the first addition to the existing trauma system to be awarded in over 30 years.
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, The Trauma Program Director will support the strategic plan of the organization in alignment with ACS verification as a designated Level II trauma center. In collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director, responsibilities include oversight of all daily trauma related activities across the continuum of care, ensuring optimal care and satisfaction of all standards as defined by ACS designation. In addition, the Director will assess, plan, and lead through the development and deployment of procedures and guidelines, key recruitment efforts, facilitation of necessary community partnerships, and trauma call design.
- Join a reputable and nationally recognized mission-driven healthcare system with UCSF affiliation
- Reports directly the Chief Nursing Officer with clearly defined goals and objectives
- Career-defining opportunity to pioneer a trauma program from the ground up
- Significantly impact access to trauma services for a fast-growing region
- Recruit, lead and develop a high performing team of trauma coordinators and registrars
- Live and work in the Greater Bay Area, known for its desirable climate and robust amenities
- Highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Minimum salary of $192,150 and a maximum salary of $269,006
- BSN/MSN Degree and Registered Nurse with current California RN license required
- Master’s Degree required in Nursing / Healthcare Leadership / Business Administration required
- Minimum 3 years of progressive nurse leadership at a comparable trauma center
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an emergency department or Intensive Critical Care nurse
- Extensive knowledge of ACS guidelines and standards as part of ACS trauma designation
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Senior Executive Recruiter
|Dennis J. Kain, FACHE
Senior Vice President Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.