Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer
Memorial Hermann – Texas Medical Center
Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by Memorial Hermann – Texas Medical Center (TMC) to conduct a search for their next Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer. Memorial Hermann Health System is a non-profit, award-winning, fully integrated health system with 17 hospitals, eight of which are Magnet designated and 270+ care delivery sites. TMC, the flagship facility, is a Magnet designated Level I trauma center that serves as the primary teaching hospital for McGovern Medical School of UT Health, that provides leading-edge care in heart, neuroscience, orthopedics, women’s health, general surgery, and organ transplantation. TMC is a hub of innovation, with strong research, a collaborative team culture, a passion for successful patient outcomes and a strong commitment to the community. The Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for the TMC Hospital overarching nursing practice which includes TMC-Adult, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital as well as the Memorial Hermann Rockets Orthopedic Hospital. The CNO of the Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital has a dotted line collaborative relationship to the TMC, VP, CNO.
- U.S. News & World Report, ’22-’23 list of America’s Best Hospitals recognized TMC as No. 3 in Houston.
- TMC was recognized by Vizient as a 2022 Birnbaum Quality Leadership Top Performer.
- Participate in system wide initiatives to promote efficiencies and collaboration across system divisions.
- Continue to build a positive culture with a visible and supportive leadership style.
- Build/maintain academic and community partnerships that support the mission of healthier communities.
- Create a culture that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value; and encourages experimentation with new ways to solve problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree required, one of which must be in Nursing.
- RN licensure or eligible for licensure in Texas.
- Minimum of eight years of progressive leadership experience.
- CNO/ACNO experience required; experience in an academic medical center strongly preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of supporting Magnet designated principles.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
|Livonne Engebrecht, BA
Senior Executive Recruiter
|Peggy Loughery, MSN, RN
Senior Vice President,
Executive Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.