Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by Mass General Brigham to conduct a search for their next Associate Chief Nursing Officer, Emergency Department for Brigham and Women’s and Faulkner Hospitals.
Mass General Brigham is a non-profit integrated health system headquartered in Massachusetts with a 2022 annual revenue of $18 billion and proven excellence in research, education, and patient care. The system consists of two academic hospitals, three specialty hospitals, seven community hospitals, home care services, a health insurance plan, specialty practices, urgent care facilities, and outpatient clinics/surgical centers.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, BWH, a major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, is an internationally known referral center for the most complex cases in nearly all areas of medicine and includes a Level 1 Trauma center. With a legacy of excellence for the past 20 years, BWH has earned a place among the best hospitals nationally on the U.S. News & World Report. Faulkner hospital is a 171-bed community teaching hospital that offers comprehensive medical, surgical, and psychiatric care as well as complete emergency, outpatient, and diagnostic services.
A dedicated team of proficient emergency medicine physicians, registered nurses, physician assistants, and residents in the Emergency Departments at the BWH and the Faulkner Hospital serves the greater Boston area via the two EDs which prepare the next generation of emergency medicine physicians through a Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency and emergency medicine fellowships.
The ACNO leads professional nursing practice in the Magnet designated organizations providing essential emergency services and care to more than 60,000 patients annually. As a member of the nursing executive leadership team, the ACNO collaborates on the development of the Patient Care Service’s strategic plan and guides the advancement of professional nursing practice.
- Join the team in a world-renowned Magnet designated Level 1 Trauma and Burn Center affiliated with Harvard Medical School.
- Provide services to patients from the inner city of Boston, the greater New England community, and nationally/internationally.
- Work with highly educated nursing professionals and board-certified emergency medicine physicians in a team-focused, interprofessional care delivery model utilizing the latest technology.
- Practice in an environment dedicated to leading-edge research that advances patient care and safety in the emergency setting.
- Provide leadership across both a major academic medical center (BWH) and community teaching hospital setting (BWFH).
- Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree, one of which must be in nursing; DNP or Ph.D. a plus.
- At least 10 years of nursing experience, with over three years of progressively responsible leadership in emergency nursing administration required.
- A valid certification is either required upon hire or should be acquired within two years of joining the team.
- Leadership experience in an academic medical center preferred.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Senior Executive Recruiter
Vice President Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.