Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by Mass General Brigham to conduct a search for their next Associate Chief Nursing Officer for Women’s and Newborns’ Health and Ambulatory at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH).
Mass General Brigham is a non-profit integrated health system headquartered in Massachusetts with a 2022 annual revenue of $18 billion and proven excellence in research, education, and patient care. The system consists of two academic hospitals, three specialty hospitals, seven community hospitals, home care services, a health insurance plan, specialty practices, urgent care facilities, and outpatient clinics/surgical centers.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, BWH, a major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, is an internationally known referral center for the most complex cases in nearly all areas of medicine and includes a Level 1 Trauma center. With a legacy of excellence for the past 20 years, BWH has earned a place among the best hospitals nationally on the U.S. News & World Report.
A major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, BWH is an internationally known referral center for the most complex cases in nearly all areas of medicine. With a legacy of excellence for the past 20 years, BWH has earned a place among the best hospitals nationally on the U.S. News & World Report and has a world-renowned Division of Women’s Health.
The ACNO is a member of the senior nursing leadership team with broad-scope leadership responsibility for two major service lines, Women’s Health and Ambulatory Services.
With direct oversight of nursing practice at more than 20 comprehensive multi-specialty BWH ambulatory sites, the ACNO partners with physicians, nursing, and operations leadership to provide services for 2.8 million patient visits annually.
The ACNO has responsibility for the Connors Center for Women’s Health, which includes antepartum; labor and delivery; midwifery; postpartum; neonatal intensive care; neonatal special care nursery; lactation support; and family planning. The world-renowned Labor and Delivery unit provides care to mothers and families for 7,800 births annually, including services for a large, high-risk maternal and infant population.
- Lead a nursing team that has twice achieved Magnet accreditation attesting to professionalism, teamwork, and superiority in patient care.
- Collaborate with a dedicated, interprofessional team in a Harvard affiliated medical center focused on service, innovation, and research.
- Join BWH’s Division of Women’s Health, leading the field in state-of-the-art care for women, driving women’s health research, education, and advocacy, and ranking number one in the nation for Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Oversee nursing practice in off-campus multi-specialty ambulatory services including three comprehensive regional sites with a wide range of specialties.
- MSN (or) DNP (or) PhD in Nursing, (or) a BSN with a master’s degree in a related field, required.
- At least 10 years of nursing experience, with over three years of progressively responsible leadership in women’s health nursing administration required.
- Current certification required or to be obtained within two years of hire. Certification needs to be maintained while employed in this position.
- Over three years of leadership experience in an academic medical center preferred.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Senior Executive Recruiter
Vice President Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.