Chief Medical Officer, Physicians Health Plan
Sparrow Health System
Kirby Bates Associates is pleased to partner with Sparrow Health System’s Physicians Health Plan in their search for a Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
The CMO will report directly to the President and CEO of PHP and will lead clinical and quality areas for the health plan.
Physicians Health Plan began in 1980, when Sparrow Health System and a group of visionary physicians began developing mid-Michigan’s first broad-based independent practice association (IPA), a type of health maintenance organization. In 1982, PHP introduced its first products to the market.
- Opportunity to strategically lead a rapidly growing medium sized health plan.
- Part of the executive leadership team for one of the top health systems in the country (Thompson-Reuters).
- Owned by top health systems in Michigan- Sparrow Health System (majority owner), University of Michigan Health, and Covenant HealthCare.
- Opportunity to serve the Michigan community by ensuring its members have access to quality healthcare.
- Ability will develop partnerships and build relationships that help improve health outcomes for your community.
- CMS Star Rating of 4.5 for 2023.
- MD or DO required.
- Health plan leadership experience required.
- Ability to successfully obtain unrestricted physician license in State of Michigan.
- Completion from ACGME accredited specialty residence.
- Board certified in specialty.
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience.
- Minimum 5 years progressive leadership experience.
- Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) experience preferred.
- Experience with NDQA Accreditation preferred.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Wendy Siegel, RACR Troy Keach, MA
AVP, Executive Search Services VP, Executive Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.