Chief Nursing Executive
Orange County, CA
Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by UCI Health to conduct a search for their next Chief Nursing Executive. UCI Health, the only academic health system in Orange County, is dedicated to medical innovations, teaching future healthcare providers, and the delivery of excellent evidence-based care.
UCI Health is the clinical enterprise of the University of California, Irvine. The UCI Medical Center is a 459-bed level 1 trauma center and is the primary teaching location for UCI School of Medicine. UCI Health also includes the Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of only 52 National Cancer Institute designated U.S. comprehensive cancer centers.
The Chief Nursing Executive (CNE) reports directly to the CEO and serves as a key member of the executive leadership team at UCI Health, contributing to the development and implementation of strategic goals. The CNE is responsible for Nursing and Patient Care Services across the system and provides a vision for Nursing; ensures the delivery of evidence based, high quality care across in-patient and out-patient; maintains professional nursing standards; integrates services across UCI Health; fosters strong partnerships with the medical staff; and assures financial stewardship of resources. The CNE will also have responsibility for Nursing Professional Practice, Magnet, Nursing Quality, Education, Pharmacy, Case Management and Social Work.
- Join a four-time Magnet designated organization, on the journey to its fifth designation.
- Participate in the development and opening of a new medical complex with 144 licensed acute care beds, a 20-bed emergency department, and a multispecialty ambulatory care center with outpatient surgery.
- In addition to the CNE role, serves as the Associate Dean of Nursing Education at UCI’s College of Nursing.
- S. News & World Report listed UCI Medical Center among America’s Best Hospitals for the 22nd consecutive year in 2022.
- Earned The Leapfrog Group’s “Top Hospitals” recognition with 17 straight ‘A’ Hospital Safety Scores.
- Annual Rate: Minimum $274,900.00 Midpoint $446,700.00 Maximum $618,500.00
- BSN and Master’s Degree in Business, Nursing, Health Care Administration or a related field; PhD or DNP is preferred.
- Strong clinical knowledge and progressive leadership expertise with 10 years as an RN and 5 years as a CNE, CNO or VP of Nursing; preferably in an academic medical center or large complex healthcare facility.
- Active or eligible for Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California.
- Excellent financial skills including budget, forecasting, strategic fiscal planning, and the use of decision support systems to guide operating decisions.
- Preferred experience with: ANCC Magnet, Union environment, Lean principles, hospital design/startup.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
|Livonne Engebrecht, BA
Senior Executive Recruiter
|Peggy Loughery, MSN, RN
Senior Vice President, Executive Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.