Director, Critical Care Services
Chesapeake Regional Healthcare
Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by Chesapeake Regional Healthcare (CRH) to conduct their search for a Director, Critical Care Services. CRH is a community health system comprised of a 320-bed hospital, a cancer center, a breast center, two ambulatory surgery centers, fitness center, a home health and hospice program. CRH is governed by the Chesapeake Hospital Authority, an autonomous organization founded by the Virginia General Assembly which is made up of 11 members appointed by the Chesapeake City Council. CRH has recently made significant strategic investments to expand neurology, cardiac, and surgical capabilities along with expansions of the cancer treatment center and the obstetrical service, which has 3000 births per year.
Reporting to the Associate Chief Nursing Officer, the Director, Critical Care Services (Director) will manage strategic oversight and operational performance within the Critical Care service line, as well as Respiratory Therapy, the nursing supervisors, access, inpatient wound and nursing support departments. The Director will develop excellent relations with patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with service excellence standards and has 24-hour accountability for the management and direction of the human, financial, and material resources necessary to provide quality care and services in the areas of responsibility.
- Supervise Managers for Critical Care, Stepdown and Respiratory Therapy, along with nursing supervisors, access, inpatient wound and nursing support departments.
- The Critical Care Unit has 30 beds, and the Step-Down Unit has 28 beds.
- Lead the transition to develop and implement open heart surgery patient care capabilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. Master’s degree in nursing or related field strongly preferred; required to be obtained within two years of date of hire.
- 4 years nursing leadership experience.
- Critical care clinical background, including experience with cardiovascular post-op patients.
- Licensed Registered Nurse, or eligible, in the State of Virginia or compact state.
- National certification, in clinical specialty or nurse leader, required or to be obtained within one year.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
|Livonne Engebrecht, BA
Senior Executive Recruiter
Executive Search Services
|Dennis Kain, MHA, FACHE
Senior Vice President
Executive Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.