Director, Nursing Professional Practice, Education, Innovation, Research & Evidence Based Practice
Valley Health, Winchester, VA
Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by Valley Health to conduct a search for a Director, Nursing Professional Practice, Education, Innovation, Research & Evidence Based Practice (Director). Valley Health, a regional system that consists of six hospitals, a heart and vascular center, a cancer center, behavioral health, long term care, lab services, urgent care, physician practices, wound care, and wellness centers. Valley Health Winchester Medical Center (WMC), the flagship hospital, is a three-time Magnet designated regional referral facility and Level II Trauma Center, which offers a breadth of services including advanced heart and brain surgery, chest pain center, advanced primary stroke center, Level 4 epilepsy center, Level III NICU, and comprehensive physical rehabilitation. WMC has been ranked among the top five hospitals in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report and is consistently recognized for clinical excellence, patient safety, and innovation.
The Director will serve as the organizational expert in the development and delivery of nursing professional practice and care delivery models and will create a professional practice environment that drives efficient and high-quality care. The Director will also develop a model for fostering nursing research and supports front line measures in pursuing and completing research and evidence-based practice endeavors across Valley Health. The Director will lead AHA programming, nurse residency programs, orientation, onboarding, and simulation, professional development, and continuing education. The Director will also have direct supervision of all nursing excellence programs such as the Magnet Program and Pathways to Excellence designations as well as specialty designations such as the Beacon award.
- Lead professional practice, innovation, education, research and evidence-based practice for flagship Magnet-designated hospital and health system.
- Develop a variety of strategies and plans at WMC that can be implemented system wide.
- Collaborate with dynamic new VP, System Nursing Operations & Professional Practice and new CNO at WMC.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Nursing, and DNP or PhD required (or evidence of enrollment in program with required completion within two years of employment).
- Advanced nursing certification preferred.
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in professional practice/education with five years of leadership.
- Significant previous management experience in the areas of Magnet and Pathways to Excellence programs, evidence-based practice (EBP), clinical practice standards, and clinical outcomes data.
- Experience driving and transforming culture within nursing through change management and influence.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
|Jocelyn Clarke, BA
Senior Executive Recruiter
|Peggy Loughery, MSN, RN
Senior Vice President Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.