Director of Clinical Operations Improvement
Washington Hospital Healthcare System
Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by Washington Hospital Healthcare System to conduct the search for a Director of Clinical Operations Improvement (COI).
Washington Hospital Healthcare System serves approximately 320,000 residents in the Washington Township Healthcare District including the residents of Fremont, Newark, Union City and parts of South Hayward in the Greater Bay Area in Northern California. Washington Hospital is a 415 bed, Magnet designated, acute care hospital providing a comprehensive list of services providing the highest levels of care. These services continue to expand through a growing affiliation with University of California San Francisco Health and recent approval to seek verification as a Level II Trauma Center.
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, The Director of COI will support the strategic plan of the organization in alignment with the IHI Quadruple Aim Initiative. Responsibilities include daily clinical operations through the direct supervision of a team of Nurse Supervisors. The Director will lead operational huddles, noon meetings, participate in multi-disciplinary rounds, and, if needed, surge/capacity huddles. In addition, the Director will assess, plan, and lead the implementation of all aspects of value-based care. This will include patient safety, quality, throughput, and resource utilization. The focus is coordinating timely/necessary medical care, discharge planning, utilization management, and community referrals. The Director of COI will Co-Chair the Patient Throughput Committee and serve as a contributing member of the Complex Care Committee and Operations Improvement Committee
- Join a high quality and nationally recognized mission-driven healthcare system with UCSF affiliation
- Reports directly the Chief Nursing Officer with clearly defined goals and objectives
- Collaborate with dynamic administrative leadership across the C-Suite
- Serve as a change agent, driving results through influence and relationship building at the unit level
- Lead and develop a high performing team of Nurse Supervisors
- Live and work in the Greater Bay Area, known for its desirable climate and robust amenities
- Highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package with career progression opportunities
- Minimum salary of $211,000 and a maximum salary of $296,000.
- BSN/MSN Degree and Registered Nurse with current California RN license required
- Master’s Degree required in Nursing / Healthcare Leadership / Business Administration required
- Minimum 5 years of progressive nurse leadership in daily hospital / service line operations.
- Knowledge of applicable Institute for Healthcare Improvement Quadruple Aim Initiatives.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Senior Executive Recruiter
|Dennis J. Kain, FACHE
Senior Vice President Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.