Kirby Bates Associates services have been exclusively retained by Barton Health to identify candidates for the Director, Surgical Services position. Barton Health is a not-for-profit organization serving South Lake Tahoe residents and visitors alike, focused on consistently exceptional care. This nurse leader will play a critical role in leading surgical services in accordance with the Barton Health values of safety, respect, image, and efficiency.
The Director of Surgical Services at Barton Health is responsible for perioperative services across two campuses: Barton Memorial Hospital in beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California with 5 ORs and 2 GI suites and the Lake Tahoe Surgery Center in Zephyr Cove, Nevada with 2 ORs. The Director is also responsible for Barton’s progressive Pre-op Surgical Home program.
The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, and directing the operations and staff of the Surgical Services Departments, including the Operating Room, Anesthesia, Ambulatory, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit, Central Reprocessing, other surgical support departments, and pre-op surgical testing.
- Accountable for safe, effective patient/family-centered care.
- Barton earned a spot on the NewsweekWorld’s Best Hospitals for the third year in a row.
- Play an active role in the planning and building of a replacement hospital in Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
- Lead in an innovative OR equipped with DaVinci and MAKO SmartRobotics.
- Work and live close to a resort area where the population doubles during peak seasons.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Advanced degree (MSN/MBA/MHA) preferred.
- Five years in a surgical environment with at least 2 years of progressive leadership experience.
- Current California and Nevada Registered Nurse (RN) license or ability to obtain.
- CNOR or other leadership certification
For additional information/to nominate someone for this position, please contact Adam Rockey:
Senior Executive Recruiter
|Peggy Loughery, MSN, RN
Senior Vice President, Executive Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.
Annual salary for this position is based upon the individual’s experience, education and demonstrated success in comparable roles with an approximate range of $170K – $230K.