Director, Patient Care Services (Nursing)
Baystate Children’s Hospital
Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by Baystate Health to conduct a search for their next Director, Patient Care Services (Director) at Baystate Children’s Hospital (BCH).
Reporting to the Baystate Health CNO, Vice President of Patient Care Services, the Director, Patient Care Services is accountable for the administration and support of clinical and service programs at BCH. The Director provides leadership in strategic planning, program development, operations, fiscal, and human resource management to ensure optimal support, staffing and positive patient outcomes.
- Ensures that optimal resources are provided to deliver high-quality, effective, and efficient patient care.
- Supports the ongoing development of unit leadership through coaching, mentoring and role modeling.
- Creates a collaborative environment with opportunities for multidisciplinary teams to problem solve and facilitate planning.
- Fosters an environment of professional development that supports and rewards the growth of unit leaders and promotes research, evidenced-based practice, and scholarship.
- In collaboration with the Director, PCS Finance and Operations, establishes and manages the departmental budgets within identified benchmarks.
- Monitors and ensures that the clinical staff teams provide excellent patient care and experience with a focus on metrics and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the Pediatrician-in-Chief as part of the executive leadership team to lead the pediatric service line into the future.
- An inaugural role with an opportunity for growth.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, one of which must be in nursing.
- Five years of progressively responsible leadership experience in a pediatric healthcare setting.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Assistant Vice President, Executive Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.