Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by South Shore Health to conduct a search for the next senior executive leader for their Visiting Nurses Association.
South Shore’s scope includes a 374-bed acute care hospital, an ambulatory medical center, an outpatient surgical care center, seven urgent care locations, free standing laboratories, and a visiting nurses association. South Shore Hospital is Southeastern Massachusetts’s leading provider of emergency, acute, and outpatient care and is the busiest verified and designated Level II Trauma Center in Massachusetts. South Shore is three times designated by the American Nurse Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition Program and recognized as a Top General Hospital by the Leapfrog Group. The system also has clinical affiliations with Boston Children’s Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
South Shore Visiting Nurses Association (SSVNA) was formed in 1911 and originally called the Friendly Aide Society. SSVNA joined South Shore Hospital in 1994. It provides 24 hour/365 days service to 30 cities and towns on the south shore in the following areas: Adult Medical Surgical Care, Advanced Wound and Ostomy Care, Cardiac Care supplemented by 175 Tele monitors, Infusion Therapy, Rehab Services-PT, OT, and Speech, Oncology Care, Diabetic Care, Pediatric Care, and Mother Infant Care. In FY22, SSVNA had an unduplicated census of 8,766 patients, made 141,214 visits, and had 9,275 admissions.
The VNA senior executive will set the direction for numerous health system programs and objectives, including: visiting nurses association clinical care visits, the health system’s relationships with local partners, including coordination of patient placements, patient services, patient advocacy and contractual agreements; discharge planning adherence with the conditions of participation and asserting professional principles; lead projects related to readmissions, length of stay, appropriate reimbursement, performance improvement and care quality.
- As the senior executive leader accountable for strategic planning and implementation, this inspirational leader will bring creative initiatives to a VNA within a highly successful health system with contemporary care delivery, operational, and finance models.
- Drive, support, and model a culture focused on employee engagement, quality, patient safety, fiscal responsibility, and the overall patient experience.
- Join a warm, family-oriented culture committed to excellence in patient care and community service.
- Master’s degree required. Registered Nurse preferred.
- 10 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in a visiting nurses association and/or home care services environment required.
- Proven record of accomplishment in employee engagement and financial stewardship.
- Knowledge of relevant VNA regulations such as Medicaid and CMS conditions of participation required.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Senior Executive Recruiter
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.