Kirby Bates Associates has been exclusively retained by Mass General Brigham to conduct a search for their next Senior Nursing Director, Care Continuum Management for Brigham and Women’s and Faulkner Hospitals.
Mass General Brigham is a non-profit integrated health system headquartered in Massachusetts with a 2022 annual revenue of $18 billion and proven excellence in research, education, and patient care. The system consists of two academic hospitals, three specialty hospitals, seven community hospitals, home care services, a health insurance plan, specialty practices, urgent care facilities, and outpatient clinics/surgical centers.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, BWH, a major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, is an internationally known referral center for the most complex cases in nearly all areas of medicine and includes a Level 1 Trauma center. With a legacy of excellence for the past 20 years, BWH has earned a place among the best hospitals nationally on the U.S. News & World Report. Faulkner hospital is a 171-bed community teaching hospital that offers comprehensive medical, surgical, and psychiatric care as well as complete emergency, outpatient, and diagnostic services.
As a leader of the Nursing Care Continuum Management (CCM) division, the Senior Nursing Director (SND) reports to the Deputy Chief Nursing Officer for operations and the Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer for practice professional standards, quality, and safety and will work in partnership with the executive director of post-acute strategy and complex care, senior medical director of clinical operations and executive administrator of care continuum management.
With 24-hour accountability, the SND collaborates with the service, team, and departmental colleagues to assure that competent, compassionate patient care is consistently provided for patients and families in inpatient, outpatient, and community settings within the division. The SND is responsible for professional nursing care coordination, practice, and utilization management. Within the division of care continuum management, the SND works collaboratively to oversee quality measurement and improvement, research, education and professional development, relevant clinical information systems, fiscal oversight/planning, human resources, and patient care. The SND is also accountable for the overall clinical and administrative leadership of RN Care Coordination (RNCC) team and directly supervises and manages staff within Nurse Care Coordination. The team supports patient care progression and is organized across service lines.
- Join the team in a world-renowned Magnet designated hospital affiliated with Harvard Medical School.
- Work with innovators in care continuum who have developed contemporary, leading-edge approaches.
- Provide true case management services to patients from the inner city of Boston, the greater New England community, and nationally/internationally.
- Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree, one of which must be in nursing; DNP or Ph.D. a plus.
- At least three years of nursing administration experience, with a focus on case management/care coordination in an acute care setting required.
- Experience in an academic medical center and working in union environments preferred.
- Relevant certification in nursing leadership, case management, etc. is either required upon hire or should be acquired within two years of joining the team.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Senior Executive Recruiter
Vice President Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.