SVP Operations/Chief Nursing Officer
Care New England – Kent Hospital
Executive Leadership Opportunity in The Ocean State
Kirby Bates has been exclusively retained by Kent Hospital to recruit a new Senior Vice President Operations/Chief Nursing Officer (SVP/CNO).
The SVP/CNO will join a new corporate and hospital executive leadership team to support the continuing efforts to achieve excellence in clinical quality, staff engagement, and outcomes of care. The new team is seeking an experienced, collaborative, and contemporary nursing leader with demonstrated success in fostering a positive professional nursing culture.
A founding member of the Care New England Health System, Kent, the second largest hospital in RI, provides high quality and compassionate interdisciplinary care. The hospital’s care team includes more than 2,300 nurses, technical professionals, and support staff. Kent is a teaching affiliate of Brown University’s Warren Albert School of Medical School and the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine. The medical staff, providing care in more than 30 specialties, have joined the organization from national and worldwide educational and medical institutions.
- America’s 250 Best Hospital Award™ (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Critical Care Excellence Award™ (2022); Stroke Care Excellence Award™ (2022, 2021)
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ (2021, 2020)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care Award™ (2020)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care Award™ (2020)
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A (Spring 2022)
- Report directly to the newly appointed President & COO of Kent Hospital, Dr. Paari Gopalakrishnan, who has successfully served as the CMO prior to his promotion.
- Join the collaborative Hospital leadership team and the System executives led by a newly appointed System President and CEO, Dr. Michael Wagner.
- Create the vision, strategy, and operational plan for the Nursing Team to promote an accountable professional practice environment that serves the community.
- Promote a culture that attracts, develops, and retains the best professional and support team members.
- Collaborate to continue improvement in performance on quality, safety, and patient experience metrics.
- Bring an innovative approach to current healthcare challenges e.g., the professional and technical labor shortage, financial constraints, evolving technology, and changing consumer expectations.
- Progressively responsible leadership and prior CNO experience in acute care.
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree required, one of which must be in Nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to engage, attract, develop, and retain a clinically proficient nursing team.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of the business aspects of healthcare.
- Collaborative leader able to support interprofessional teamwork.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Wendy Siegel, RACR Troy Keach, MA Jane Fitzsimmons, MSN, RN
Senior Executive Recruiter VP, Search Services EVP, Search Services
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
*Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our associates.