Vice President, Retained Executive Search Services
Kirby Bates Associates’ consultants are specialists focused exclusively on the healthcare executive recruitment market. With hundreds of years of combined experience and extensive professional networks, KBA provides a personalized, professional, and confidential service designed to ensure that candidates are matched with the best possible opportunities.
Our inclusive search methodology is designed to create a level playing field and keep implicit bias in check so that the most qualified candidates advance.
Benefits and Perks:
- 23 Paid Days Off Your First Year
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Great Culture
- Day 1 Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Matching 401K Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job Description Summary
The primary responsibilities for this position are business development, managing external client relationships, and leading executive and senior leadership search engagements. Responsibilities include working with assigned team members to oversee the full executive search cycle from initial client development, search procurement, search execution, to successful candidate placement. The Vice President successfully implements business development initiatives via networking and relationship building with senior-level executives. The Vice President will be a team player and participates in cross selling all service lines and in team-oriented firm-building initiatives such as joint or multi-consultant proposals to increase the firm’s competitive effectiveness. The Vice President is also expected to advance the profession and field of executive search through writing, lecturing, and career counseling. The position is virtual and necessary tools and equipment will be provided by the firm.
- Assumes responsibility for Business Development
- Actively engages in business development activities to achieve the individual’s and Executive Search Team’s annual sales revenue goal.
- Proactively scans market for potential business opportunities; collaborates with Executive Leadership Team, Director of Marketing, and Director of Strategic Solutions to initiate robust outreach plans.
- Secures meetings with new and current clients establishing mutually beneficial and sustainable relationships leading to increased KBA business.
- Promotes the full range of services including executive search, interim leaders, and executive advisory and consulting services to clients.
- Understands the strategy, business, and competitive positioning of the company.
- Maintains prominence in professional organizations intrinsic to the advancement of the firm.
- Assumes responsibility for Client Relationships
- Develops positive relationships with healthcare leaders and maintains a network of professional relationships to support the work of the firm.
- Provides consultative advice to clients on market trends, supply/demand, and contemporary leadership strategies.
- Conducts site visits with stakeholders to understand organizational culture and expectations, challenges, and deliverables for position; secures required search documents and obtains client approval of Opportunity Overview.
- Reviews Opportunity Overview with client to confirm accuracy and agree on critical measurable criteria for candidate identification; discusses detailed search strategy and reviews anticipated search timeline.
- Reviews client documents and maintains regular client communications (written, oral or based on client preference) to keep client informed on search updates and progress on search timeline.
- Facilitates the negotiation of job offers with the candidate and client to assure a positive outcome.
- Assumes responsibility for Search Leadership & Outcomes
- Develops and manages multiple searches and search strategies including overseeing the activities of associates and support staff in developing position specifications and ongoing search activities.
- Provides leadership for assigned searches. Establishes regular communication with assigned team members to assure effective and efficient search execution and that client needs are adequately communicated.
- Conducts a launch meeting with assigned search team members to establish qualifications and selection criteria; defines the unique cultural, behavioral, and competency requirements for the position; creates a detailed search strategy and search timeline.
- Drives measurable criteria for success in the role through the search process including screening criteria, candidate questionnaires, candidate interview questions, and candidate evaluation tool.
- Oversees the research, sourcing, and candidate development process to assure client timeline targets are met.
- Conducts face-to-face or video interviews with qualified candidates and recommends candidates for client consideration.
- Assures up-to date and accurate documentation in Bullhorn on search progress and client and candidate interactions.
- Follows up with the client and candidate at regular intervals to assure a smooth transition, to support role integration and to address any potential issues.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
- Supports the alignment of Executive Search Services with Jackson Healthcare corporate and KBA mission and culture.
- Identifies market trends that may have an impact on future KBA business.
- Supports the analysis and evaluation of client satisfaction; identifies improvements in processes to exceed client expectations.
- Is actively involved with professional organization(s) and works with leadership of those organizations to identify opportunities for speeches, articles, or other supportive functions.
- Maintains networking contacts with industry centers of influence to sell appropriate level of search work.
- A Master’s Degree in Nursing, Human Resource Management, Healthcare Administration, or another relevant field is required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in talent acquisition with retained search experience
- Demonstrated business development experience and a network of professional relationships.
- Proven success in a high-pressure environment with a strong customer service orientation
- Expertise in handling multiple tasks requiring prioritization while delivering consistently high-quality work within established timeframes.
- The ability to work under tight deadlines with little supervision, and the ability to inspire other team members to do the same.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Kirby Bates Associates is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our associates.